Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dialog boxes freeze and cause application shut down

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 spydie1914

spydie1914

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hello,

I have a problem that started a couple of days ago. Not sure if it's virus related or what. I noticed it shortly after upgrading to the new version of Firefox but have been unable to find any info on it.

Basically, irrespective of the application (Word, Excel, Explorer, Firefox), when I attempt to open or save or whatever requires a dialog box to open, it starts the process then freezes. Sometimes some of the files will show before freezing, sometimes not.

I've run some basic virus scans but nothing.

I have a laptop with windows 7
Running AVG for virus protection. (paid, not free)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bret

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users