Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Key board locks up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arnie19

arnie19

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hi ,new memeber here .I bought a new computer last week of June and have been having a problem with the key board locking up . At the same time if im on Internet explorer and try to open a web sight in my favorites all my locations open and the top bar fills with open tabs . Restarting the computer corrects the problem for a few hours or maybe all that day. The computer is an HP laptop model g7-1261nr .I have contacted HP and they had me down load a new driver and even sent it back to them and all they did was also download the driver and its still doing the same thing .Now they want me to send it back again for maybe a hardware problem .A few days ago a friend of mine got on my computer using Team Viewer and shut off my tabs under internet options and now it seeems to be working ok .I recieved the box from HP to send it back today but i think im going to wait a week and see how shutting the tabs off works . Any one else had a problem like this ,especially with HP computers ? Arnie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hello Arnie and Welcome -
How do actually you mean >> shut off my tabs under internet options and >> Key board locks up (is this an Internet Problem Only) -

Do you think it is a real good idea to play with settings since you are still getting support from HP on this ??
If you do not already have a lot of important things on the laptop at this time, I would also see if HP will send Free reinstall DVDs or backups for you.
The problem you describe can be many things, and a bit more history would also be needed -

Personally only, I would give them one more chance and then ask for a new computer if problems do continue (just my view) -
After 4 weeks the system should not have many problems, unless you feel it may have an infection, or has this been the same since day1 -

I would throw in, check your internet connections (if this is only on-line) -

Thank You -

#3 arnie19

arnie19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

noknojon ,The tabs on and off button is under Tools,Internet Options,Then the Generaltab under internet options .The tab on and off is under settings ,enable tabbed browsing.With it set this way i can only have one sight open at a time .I believe internet explorer is not down loaded right or atleast not operating right but i will let HP worry about it . Arnie

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thanks, and I understand it a bit more now -

Internet Explorer Tabbed Browsing - Enable or Disable - Windows 7
This could be the settings that you have been looking for -

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic