Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

youtube video stopping

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 moparfan1234

moparfan1234

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

older IBM desk top windows XP pro 80GB hard drive 1GB memory and that's about all i know. fresh install of windows XP because of a past virus. i downloaded adobe reader and flash player. also uninstalled and reinstalled a few times because of my issue.

ok here is the problem. when i go to watch a youtube video about 11 seconds into the video it just stops. no buffering or anything. the little gray bar shows i am loaded far past where it stops. i can click farther down the load bar and get it to play for another 11 seconds or so but again will just stop. clicking the play button does nothing to help.

the video is a bit choppy when it does play. idk this mite just be a age thing since the computer is so old? ether way i think it should be able to play a hole video with out stopping. atlest it did 2-3 years ago before i got a virus and had to do the reinstall of windows. it took me that long to find the right disk that didn't cost me anything. lol

i would be very greatfull of any and all help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 deb001

deb001

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hi,
My name is Debbie.

I would suggest you to Reset your Internet Explorer and also check the version of IE.

To reset Internet Explorer automatically, follow the steps on this URL: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
To download Internet Explorer 8 in the language that matches your version of Windows or choose the English version, which works with all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista, click on this URL:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-8

OR you can download the GOOGLE CHROME: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/#brand=CHMB&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha and try to watch the videos on google chrome and check if that works fine or not.

Please reply in case you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards
Debbie_B

Edit: Changed bit.ly link to actual URL to remove perception of link obfuscation and increase link transparency. ~ Queen-Evie

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 August 2012 - 08:46 PM.
Removed spammy content. ~ OB

Thanks & Regards
Debbie_B

#3 moparfan1234

moparfan1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

i completely forgot to say i like using mozilla firefox and that is my main browser however the problem happens on IE and firefox. i did have to upgrade to IE 8 because youtube said i had to. still the same issue. i also did as you asked and reset IE with no change. still stops at 11 seconds into the video.

do i really need to use google chrome? i would really rather not have it if i can avoid it.

thanks

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hello,

No, you don't need Chrome. Have you updated the Flash player? Did you update the drivers for your graphics card when you reinstalled?

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 moparfan1234

moparfan1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

i downloaded the latest version of adobe flashplayer from adobe's site because i do not have a disk for any other utilitys. i had to down load everything but operating system. i did not do anything with drivers or graphics because i don't know anything about it. can you please provide instructions on how to update the drivers?

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hello,

First we need to know the graphics card you have. To find that information, right click on the My Computer Icon on the desktop, then click on Properties. Click on the Hardware Tab then click on Device Manager. The device manager will now open. You can close the System Properties window at this time.

Now, in the Device Manager, expand the area where it says: Display Adapters. Below that, you will see the information for your graphics card. Please post that information.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

You can also refer here : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792

Excuse me Sir OB :cherry:

Tekken

#8 moparfan1234

moparfan1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

under device manager there is nothing saying display adapters. i have a choice of computer, disk drivers, DVD drive, floppy disk controllers, floppy disk drive, human interface device, ADI ATA/ATAPI controllers, keyboard, mice and other pointing device's, network adapters, other devices, ports (com&LPT, processors, sound video and game controllers, system device, universal serial bus controllers.

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

Hi -
Slnce you do have some internet, please do this for us -
Publish a Snapshot using Speccy <<Follow These Directions
We can take it from there -

Thanks -

#10 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

Hello,

It appears that your computer is showing the categories differently than mine.

Look under this category: sound video and game controllers and post what you find there.

Speccy, which two people have linked to, will also provide that information and a lot more as well.

Orange Blossom

#11 moparfan1234

moparfan1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

under sound video and game controllers is audio codes, legacy audio drivers, lagacy video capture devices, media control devices, video codes. clicking on each one does not show any kind of specs.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/vkn8CrS327e3iuFFnUkK7Jz

i hope i did the speccy right?

EDIT: yep it seems to have worked. i was told i only had 1GB ram but this shows 2GB so im happy about that. sorry if that info being wrong and may have affected helping me. also i did notice my disk drive is not under C but under D is this a problem that could affect the issue here?

Edited by moparfan1234, 05 August 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#12 moparfan1234

moparfan1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

NEW INFO: i have not changed anything or adjusted anything other then what was asked right here in this thread and i tried a youtube video again and now get the same sticking at 11 seconds but if i wait a few seconds it will continue to play for another 2-3 seconds and stop. play stop play stop> it will keep doing this for the hole video. before it would never go past 11seconds no matter how long i waited. still shows no buffering and shows the video is loaded well past where im at in the video.

#13 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Running:
avast! Antivirus
Running:
avast! Firewall
Running:
Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing(ICS)

You have 2 firewalls running at the same time. Disable one then check on the difference.
Click Start -> Run -> type services.msc and then double click the startup service firewall then disable, apply.

Tekken

#14 moparfan1234

moparfan1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

witch one is recommended to keep and use?

#15 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Use the complete protection features of your Avast Internet Security.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users