Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot open IE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dwm34

dwm34

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

EDIT: Moved to Am I Infected~~boopme

Hi all,

I run Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8. Quite recently, every time I try to open IE, it opens but then directly I get "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close", and “This Tab has been recovered.”

I did several thins so far to try to fix this – I did an IE rest, checked the add-ons, and then went into safe mode, and was able to download updated versions of Malware bytes, CCleaner, and Spybot..I ran these, but they did not work. I thought they would. I also have Adobe Flash Player (recently downloaded) and Micosoft Silverlight, and read somewhere that they might conflict and be causing the whole problem, but note sure about this. Any ideas? Thanks –

dwm34

Edited by boopme, 31 July 2012 - 09:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

Press Windows+R key and type

eventvwr and click ok

Expand Windows logs>>>Application

Check for any Application errors related to Internet explorer.If you find one post the details here

Press Windows+R key and type

appwiz.cpl and click ok

Can you see Windows internet explorer 8?

If nothing works we could try reinstalling IE 8

Edited by narenxp, 30 July 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

You should post in the Am I Infected forum. I'm going to suggest to a mod that this thread is moved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users