Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access internet through powerline adapter-unidentified network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sphanlon

sphanlon

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Here's my situation. I have a belkin router and netgear powerline adapters. I alternatively hook my xbox and my gaming pc to the remote adapter. I never had a problem with this setup before until the other day when my xbox wouldn't go on live. I switched the cable hooked into the adapter from my xbox to the gaming pc and it says unidentified network. My main pc hooked directly to the router has internet no problem and my wifi is just fine. It's just anything coming out the other end of the powerline setup won't work. Since that also apples to the xbox, I know the unidentified netywork error isn't just indicative of a problem with the gaming pc. The adapters have all their indicator lights showing no issue.

thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

When connected to the Power Line adapter are you able to get a IP address?

• Connect to the Power line adapter
  • Go to the command prompt and type Ipconfig /all

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users