Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help...PC posing great problems..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kapi

kapi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

Hey guys I need some serious help here. well i upgraded my pc in 2008 and i mainly use it for gaming and its specs are

cpu AMD Phenome X2 550 black edition 3.1 ghz

MOBO Asus M2N68-Am plus

Kingston 2gb ddr2 ram

GPU Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT 512 mb ram

PSU I ball LPE 223-400 (i think its is a 250 w psu )

Screen resolution 1600x900

Now one year back my computer used to work fine but now it has started giving me all sorts of problems. I mainly use it for gaming and other normal daily use. it frequently crashes, crash dump (BSOD),Games have also started crashing frequently.

So i disconnected my gpu and started using the onboard vga graphics. now everything seems to be working fine.

So what do u think is my gpu fried??? (although the computer starts with it, the games too start but after some time they crash)

OR

The psu is not enuf to power up my gpu and i need to upgrade my psu

or is there some other issues..

Pls guide me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SevenCipher

SevenCipher

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

According to Nvidia's website the Geforce 9600 GT requires a power supply of atleast 400W. The following link describes this.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-9600-gt/specifications
I would recommend upgrading your power supply and that should fix your problems

Edited by SevenCipher, 30 July 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#3 deb001

deb001

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hi,

My name is Debbie.

I would suggest you to first reinstall the video driver of your GPU Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT by going to http://www.official-drivers.com/installer/?seed=nvidia&v=2&gclid=CO-grqqNwrECFSdgTAodgwQAsg and then run Hardware Diagnostics which might determine the cause of the issue. Mod Edit: Replaced URL - Hamluis.

For further assistance please reply

Thanks & Regards
Debbie_B

Mod Edit: Removed extraneous links which are not helpful, do not address stated issues - Hamluis.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 August 2012 - 08:37 PM.
Edits - Hamluis. Removed additional spammy content. ~ OB

Thanks & Regards
Debbie_B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users