Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Comp Build With Win Xp Pro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Talonaces

Talonaces

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:48 PM

Not sure if I am posting in the right place, but here goes. I am thinking of building my own computer and using WIN XP Pro as my OS. I need advice on the right components to use, ie. motherboards, CPU's, sound and video cards, etc. I'd like to avoid any compatibility issues up front. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

Too many to choose from to make a recommendation. I mean, there are thousands of motherboards to choose from, and they change weekly.

I recommend you decide what you want to use the computer for and build it to do that particular task. For instance, if you are going to be gaming, then see what specs your favorite game calls for, probably starting with the video card and then that determines what processor, amount of ram, etc will be contained in the rest of the computer.

Once you have picked out the pieces, do your research and see Windows Hardware Compatability List. Start your search HERE.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

I think its primarily a hardware issue, Talonaces

A system that will use winXPpro does require a certain "practical minimum",
but you will no doubt exceed that in the process of building a PC thats
fast & affordable these days.

Those details relate to the OS, but involve the fundamental hardware.

I'll move this topic for you.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users