Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Menth

Menth

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

Hey guys,

I have 512MB RAM Running computer which is really slow, well that's not the problem.

I installed W7 Professional for 32Bit, everything was okay until i got some errors on CS 1.6 And Adobe photoshop, the error was trying to say something about Abnormal terminal error or something, after that i downloaded reggenie it fixed all errors and stuff were working again, but again i turned CS 1.6 and i had the "BlueScreen of death" then computer had to shutdown, after that i can't get on my computer, only trough safe modes and stuff also it gives me a 640x480 screen which has alot of flickers and really bad colors, it doesn't let me connect the internet and stuff, computer seems to be dead.

But when i used Windows XP it was all okay, also i use "NVIDIA G-Force 5500."

If i'd re-install new OS (XP), everything would be okay?

Thanks for reading, waiting for help.

Edited by Menth, 30 July 2012 - 06:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

Hello Menth and welcome -
I have 512MB RAM Running computer which is really slow, well that's not the problem << Actually this can be one of your main problems -
I installed W7 Professional for 32Bit,<<Most Windows7 need about twice your size to cope with the data install plus normal running space, and you have installed Win7 Pro
Yours is just OK for an early XP but Windows7 has a larger installed data base.
I would first ask you to at least double your RAM as a minimum to cope with the extra load from Win7 -

If i'd re-install new OS (XP), everything would be okay?<< Do you still have your original XP install CD to do this ??
RegGenie™ registry cleaner is the FIRST program to delete, as this can cause you major prblems on any system !!!

Thank You -
I can add further details, if you wish to double your RAM and remove RegGenie -

#3 Menth

Menth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

Hello Menth and welcome -
I have 512MB RAM Running computer which is really slow, well that's not the problem << Actually this can be one of your main problems -
I installed W7 Professional for 32Bit,<<Most Windows7 need about twice your size to cope with the data install plus normal running space, and you have installed Win7 Pro
Yours is just OK for an early XP but Windows7 has a larger installed data base.
I would first ask you to at least double your RAM as a minimum to cope with the extra load from Win7 -

If i'd re-install new OS (XP), everything would be okay?<< Do you still have your original XP install CD to do this ??
RegGenie™ registry cleaner is the FIRST program to delete, as this can cause you major prblems on any system !!!

Thank You -
I can add further details, if you wish to double your RAM and remove RegGenie -

I know how to double the RAM's, but i don't know what will change if i'll remove "RegGenie"?

Also when Windows Loads it doesn't let me choose the user, because i have a blacksreen and i hear some weird sound from monitor.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by Menth, 30 July 2012 - 07:05 AM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

RegGenie is an unneeded ""Registry Cleaner"" that is useless on over 90% of computers -

Note fhat your Registry never needs "Cleaning" and many of these programs are just money making scams -
These programs can totally delete required installed programs and can upset general running conditions -

I assume it found 546 (or similar number) of operating and registry errors when first installed, then asked for money to fix them = Scam -

Please remove this scam program now -

Please read:
BleepingComputer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

• Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.

• Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.

• Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.

• Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.

• The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".

Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.
Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don’t use registry cleaners

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Thank You -

Edited by hamluis, 30 July 2012 - 02:09 PM.
Merged posts - Hamluis.

#5 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Install at least 1GB RAM for 32 bit Window 7.... Maybe that other hardware is not compatible?Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor
:wink:

Edited by bludgard, 31 July 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#6 Menth

Menth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

Hey again, yesterday i uninstalled "RegGenie", Windows were working again.

-----

I left my computer for nite. (I was downloading W-XP over uTorrent.), then i woke up at morning computer was down again and stuff is just happening again.

Edited by Menth, 31 July 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

I left my computer for nite. (I was downloading W-XP over uTorrent.), then i woke up at morning computer was down again and stuff is just happening again.

Why , Why , Why , would you do that when you had a reasonable working system ......................... You attempted to load a FAKE XP install from a rogue program -
It sounds like you have a Bad Install from uTorrent - The worst place to pick any install from on a system that had just started behaving -
You need a New Genuine XP CD or your Original XP CD only - Any other install will NOT work on your system now -
Uninstall uTorrent now, and DO NOT use it again unless you expect to become infected from a rogue download -

Only use a 100% Legal download site for any programs you wish to install - Not Cracked or Fake or anything else to install XP -

#8 Menth

Menth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

Why , Why , Why , would you do that when you had a reasonable working system ......................... You attempted to load a FAKE XP install from a rogue program -
It sounds like you have a Bad Install from uTorrent - The worst place to pick any install from on a system that had just started behaving -
You need a New Genuine XP CD or your Original XP CD only - Any other install will NOT work on your system now -
Uninstall uTorrent now, and DO NOT use it again unless you expect to become infected from a rogue download -

Only use a 100% Legal download site for any programs you wish to install - Not Cracked or Fake or anything else to install XP -

I just installed XP from an original CD.
I still got the problems. I'm sure it's video card, everytime windows Loads the Desktop it light's up then turns the full screen of flickers and i can't do anything, except restart/turn off.

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

Hi again -
Sorry for the tone of my last posting, but I hope that you do understand the reasons behind it. It was mostly to protect Your computer (Not Mine)
Now .... How long can you stay on the computer in normal mode, without one of these major problems occurring ??
Next do you know how to start the computer in Safe Mode with Networking by tapping the F8 key as the computer starts to load and you get a screen ??
You may see a list of Files flying down the screen and this is Very good, as you are now entering Safe Mode -

I would like you to try this and see if there is any changes to the way the computer operates. Remember Safe Mode will look a bit odd first but that is OK.
If we can get a stable setting in Safe Mode, and it runs for 1 hour we have eliminated several of the problems. -

Please try this now for me, and tell me if you can work there at all -

Thank You -
EDIT -
Please use the ADD REPLY Tab on the bottom right when you are answering and not the Quote Tab - Thanks

Edited by noknojon, 02 August 2012 - 02:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users