Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

touchpad left and right button

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jgreen07

jgreen07

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hello i have a sony vaio vpceb3joe windows 7 i3 core intel about 2 years old. Around 8 months ago my Left button on my touch pad stopped working for it to respond you have to press it multiple times sometimes even then it does not work, now my right button had stopped working completely i have uninstalled the alps pointing device and re installed with no luck. Can anyone help me on what this could be ? i have looked into the mouse settings and changed fast to slow didn't work. I can use a usb mouse completely fine.

Any help please guys?

Thanks Jen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SevenCipher

SevenCipher

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Sounds like over repeated use the mouse buttons are no longer making good contact, does it make a difference if you push hard on the buttons? If pressing down hard on the button seems to work then I would say either there is something stuck down between the button and the laptop hardware, or that the button is just starting to wear out. You can buy specific replacement parts to fix this without having to purchase a whole new laptop, or just contact Sony and tell them of the situation and they should be able to help you out.

#3 jgreen07

jgreen07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

hi yes just noticed that sometimes when i press hard on it, it works with delaid response left click can be pressed the once with force, right click is still not fully responsive sometimes works with a hard force. Hopefully just needs replacing or a good clean then

Thanks for your reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users