Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WHya am I being ignored!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,361 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Every single post I have made, in different sections, I have been trying to figure out how to get help here!

Some have to do with my infected computer, while others deal with more broad topics such as preventing specific types of trojans/droppers.

I have not been back in years, so much has changed, but after almost 5 days of no responses on anything, I am getting a little annoyed.

I used to come here i the past due to the fast and efficient help this forum used to give.. I am beginning to think otherwise...

Why am I being completely ignored!? Did I do something wrong?

If I did do something wrong, please someone explain it to me so I can fix it.

I just don't understand...

Edited by King_Yoshi, 28 July 2012 - 01:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hello King_Yohsi.

I just looked at your recent posts.

I can assure you that you have done nothing wrong.

1) You posted a topic with the title Where do i ask questions? I am unsure of what forums to post in reguarding certian questions... in Am I Infected yesterday. You have since edited your post to state

Since I seem to be completely ignored please delete this.

What were your questions? We can tell you where to properly post them.

AII is one of the forums that gets a lot of posts. It's possible yours got lost in the shuffle.

2) If you are referring to your topic here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic462474.html/ in Malware Removal Logs it is NOT being ignored.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Removal Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, please follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

It is okay to ask GENERAL questions while waiting on a Malware Removal Team member to help you with your logs. However, do not ask questions about OTHER issues.

others deal with more broad topics such as preventing specific types of trojans/droppers

Information you get BEFORE being given a clean bill of health can be considered and implemented once your system is clean.

Please refrain from asking for further help from other members or staff until the Malware Removal Team has checked your posted log. The Malware Removal Team work very hard to investigate a unique solution to your problem and you will receive individual expert assistance. This takes time and effort so we ask you to please be patient while waiting for assistance and NOT to make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member. Any modifications you make on your own can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the team member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

The Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean. If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the Malware Removal Team Team Helper when they respond to assist you with your log. This will help them know what has been done and they probably will ask for an updated log.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 July 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#3 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,784 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hi,

from what I can see you made one post about two days ago in the malware removal section. We're working as quickly and effectively as we can, however there are always more people asking for help than there are people able to answer and while we do our best, we can only reply to so many people at once.

Rest assured that at BC every topic is replied to and that you are on the waiting list for a reply. However there are roughly 60 people in front of you that have been waiting longer than you have and you may have to wait another day or two (effectively making it a 5 day wait).

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

animinionsmalltext.gif

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hello,

With regards to you Malware log topic you are not being ignored. You are number #56 as of this reply in a queue of 135. There is a queue that the Malware team works from. Depending on OS type and Malware type and experience levels of the individual helpers some topics may be taken out of order. But that is the exception rather than the rule. We do our absolute best to take them first come first served. As of this post the helpers are working on topics posted on the 23rd and yours was posted on the 25th.

For you am I infected topic due to the sheer volume of topics. It happens that an occasional topic slips through the cracks. That is why we have a pinned topic where you can post a link if you have not been helped in three days, which is located here. You are not being deliberately ignored and have not done anything wrong. But I can assure you the volume of help we provide today is is exponentially greater than what you were used to in the past. We do our best to maintain the same service levels but the truth of the matter is the need for help has outstripped the number of available helpers. Patience waiting for free help is the norm rather than the instant gratification days of smaller less busy help forums.

I hope this addresses you concerns and perceptions of being ignored.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi
  • Topic Starter

• 1,361 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Thank you for the quick reply's. It is nice to see that someone is in fact listening. :)

Thank you for that comprehensive reply ANimal.

My other 2 topics had been in in the section mentioned above. However after 3 days I was beginning to think I was being ignored, since I saw many other posts that were posted after mine being replied to.

These were my specific questions:

#1 I would like to know where to ask questions specifically pertaining to stopping drive by downloads.

#2 I am looking for a replacement for Windows XP Process Guard. Where do I ask about replacement programs.
(And NO UAC does not cover what process guard used to do, since you can not customize it, or save a whitelist.)

#3 I am interested in the "Malware Removal Training Program" and would like to know specifically how much of my time would have to be put towards such a program.
How many hours a day would it entail?

Thank you again. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by King_Yoshi, 28 July 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

You're welcome.

I'll do the best I can to answer you.

#1. I would suggest the AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods forum

#2. I would suggest the All Other Applications forum

#3. Take a look here: Malware Removal Training Program Learn about it here, and join the program!

Also take a look here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic459217.html/ specifically post #4 and #6 for a response regarding time frames.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#7 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi
  • Topic Starter

• 1,361 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

Thank you for the information.

That answered all my questions. :)

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

You're quite welcome. :thumbup2:

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#9 tho718smi

tho718smi

• Banned Spammer
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

I don't know what happens to your posts but I can attest to you that they do answer as quickly as they can. They even send you reminder in your notifications that your queries have already been replied to. All credits to boopme and hamluis! :thumbup2:

You just have to be patient and also try to PM some active members for fast answer.

#10 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,784 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

Hi,

You just have to be patient and also try to PM some active members for fast answer.

Please do NOT PM members for a faster answer. As mentioned we have a backlog and we reply to people chronologically. The only thing you achieve in PMing me for a faster answer, is to annoy me and to waste my time by having to write a reply on how we do not help through PM and that you should wait for your turn as everyone else does too.

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

animinionsmalltext.gif

#11 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Incidentally,it's sometimes difficult to figure out which forum section we should post something in, so we have to make a best guess as to which section will generate the most replies,but we might choose the wrong section.
Furthermore, some questions can't be neatly pigeon-holed into one section because they overlap into others, so ideally we could post the same question in two or more sections, but i don't think the website rules allow us to do that do they?

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

No, we don't allow multiple forum posting. This is to avoid conflicting replies and causing confusion for the member trying to follow more than one thread. Also it annoys many helpers when they find out the member is already being helped elsewhere in another forum. It's much easier for staff, posting member and those wanting to help to stick to one topic even if it overlaps content wise.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users