Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard and mouse no longer work? (windows 7 64)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 smellme2

smellme2

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

recently my computer was acting up and would not startup past the "windows is starting up" screen. I really wanted to play a bunch of games I just bought so I kept occasionally getting it to work in "last known good configuration". Safe mode didn't work and eventually I ran a disc I have no idea what it's called but it said soldierx on the screen and ran like 8 virus scans and did a bunch of tests on my comp, apparently geeksquad uses it. Anyways it removed 3120 spyware, but right before I decided to run this the only reason I decided to was because my keyboard and mouse stopped working. It works in the bios and anything before I actually get to my desktop, lights up and everything, even the keyboard shortcuts work such as windows search, but I can't move my mouse or do anything with my keyboard. I ran startup repair and it says that windows can't automatically fix the problem, had my dad do some pin reset thing where you do something with the battery and move pin 1 to 2 and 2 to three or something like that and didn't work, the bios has ps/2 enabled and legacy something enabled which I read could be the problem, and I have no restore points. Is there anyway I can fix my problem without a full restore?\

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:56 AM

Have you tried removing all peripheral devices with corresponding cables and connections internally/externally? PS/2 and USB are alternative ports for keyboard and mouse. If USB is not working use the PS/2 ports provided you would use the PS/2 devices. This is also same for USB mouse and keyboard. Makes sure they are enabled if both are present under BIOS setup menu.

Tekken

#3 smellme2

smellme2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Not sure what you mean. I don't actually have any ps/2 slots though, only usb.

#4 smellme2

smellme2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

bump

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Not sure what you mean. I don't actually have any ps/2 slots though, only usb.

Please read this description on PS/2 slots From Wiki and this will show what jhayz means.
They are the normal plugs you would use for Wired printers, keyboard, and mouse etc.

Please do not run that Soldierx tools CD again, as some of the "Tools" are not a good idea to use by yourself. Their own site says to "Use with care" -
I just scanned their site and found several items on their tools list that can harm your system without correct supervision.

Anyways it removed 3120 spyware << I am not sure exactly what they call Spyware, as many of these items could have only been cookies.
If your whole system actually had 3,000 items of Spyware, it would be in a very dramatic state, even worse than you describe -

At this stage it may pay for you to visit the Malware Removal section of the forum and have the problem fully cleaned -
Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== from steps :step4: to :step10:

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users