Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Louis Baldovino

Louis Baldovino

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

I just spent $162.00 for a complete overhaul to my PC. I had a Trojan work it's way into my system and no amount of software nor tech help would work to fix it. I found out after several hundred dollars of tech help that there are many scams claiming to be techs that are not A-1 techs. They fumble around your PC remotely, as was my case, and create bigger problems and never fixed my problem. I couldn't get windows firewall to work was my basic problem. The Trojan was stuck in there at purchase several years ago. Fortunately, I was blessed to have gotten my money back from the scammers. I would like to mention the businesses but afraid it's inappropriate to condemn them as they may be capable of doing simple fixes. My live tech said that with today's problems with hackers it's getting to be almost a must to have your new PC checked out for viruses before using. Even the best security systems were incapable of preventing hackers from creating "work-arounds" and leaving link files which made them unidentifiable unless the PC was swept clean and new OS re-installed. The live tech said his work is not guaranteed forever to prevent future re-occurrences of virus invasions.
Too bad our world has gotten so corrupt that some folks aren't happy unless they're creating havoc for others. Or, they are unhappy and their misery wants company.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hello Louis
:welcome: to Bleeping Computer and Thanks for joining us here.

We look forward to your involvement at BC.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation Link Here

and the Tutorials section. Right Here

How to use the Bleeping Computer Discussion Forums Link

It isn't that they are trying to make you unhappy or create havoc. It is all about money these days.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users