Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 after update no internet.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nicole Alzamora

Nicole Alzamora

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

I've been having a problem with a windows 7 home premium update. I have no virus's or spyware my computer runs find, but when I click update it will say 9 updates so I click update. Then when it updates they all update perfectly accept for one and it's an update for Internet Explorer 9 I have a Dell 1750 Inspiron AVG Antivirus and Firewall all included, Malewarebytes, Spybot Search & Destroy, So when I do these updates it restarts to finish them up then all of a sudden I can not connect to the internet no more, It says no signal witch there is a full bar and everything I tried clicking connect but it says limited access, So I fool around trying to fix it but it wont let me do nothing I know updates are very important for laptops but it's just wont let me online, But it would work really well before the updates is there anyway to get pass that and fix it I usually just do system restore at an earlier time before the updates cause I can never get back on the internet connected, And there is nothing wrong with the router but I know some of these updates are important thanks if anyone knows what's up.... Or how I can do the updates and fix the internet connection problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Sometimes security programs can interfere with Windows updates. Suggest you exit the security programs
and try the updates again.

Spybot S&D does not enjoy the reputation of being one of the best security program. If MBAM is the
paid for version and not the free version, suggest you uninstall Spybot after shutting it down completely.
Or remove Spybot and install WinPatrol Free as it has some of the same features to guard your computer using
less resources.

You can install updates individually or only a select few. If you are sure the IE 9 update is causing the problem,
you can choose to install the others, reboot to verify it is the IE9 update causing the problem.

After doing the above and you are sure it is the IE9 update causing the problem, then a reinstall of IE 9
would be my next suggestion.

Edited by buddy215, 28 July 2012 - 10:45 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,092 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

OP messaged me with a screenshot of the updates asking which one was for IE 9.

I'm responding here. The first one in the list, KB2719177, specifically says it is an accumulative update for IE 9.
I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you saying that is the update or only update that is causing the problem
with getting online. Just going by what you said in your first post.

Nicole.....screenshots can be posted here. It is best for all involved to use the forum rather than private messaging.
The idea being that way we all learn and more will be involved in finding solutions.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Saurabh A

Saurabh A

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hi Nicole Alzamora,

My name is Saurabh.

As correctly suggested by buddy215, I would also recommend you to kindly remove the suggested security software and then review the situation. It sometimes interferes with the internet connectivity. So removing them may fix not only internet connectivity, but also the windows update.

However, I would also like to know about the error message associated with the windows update failure that you encountered. In order to check the same, kindly follow the following steps:
Click Start Icon > Click In Search Box (Search Programs and Files) > Type “windows update” > Hit Enter Key > Click “View Update History” (Capture the error message)

I would also like to know about the type of internet connection (wireless or hard wired)? Also need to know if you have any other computers, connected to the internet through the same router. Please write back with results. Eager and Glad to assist.

Thanks & Regards
Saurabh_A

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 August 2012 - 07:11 AM.
Removed spammy content. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users