Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

message says not conected when I am.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wimberley Guy

Wimberley Guy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

Message says not connected when I am.

I'm having some problems when I downloaded something it either wont install or open saying you need to be connected to the internet, My browser tends to not open tabs and I get the same error messages also. I am obviously connected to the internet, but any other program updates like Java, my anti virus, say I'm not connected . Email is working OK ( I know they are different but thought I'd mention it). I am using foxfire and tried to download Microsoft Fix It, it will do install I get an error message. The same goes for Internet Explorer as well the problem is common to both. Some will download to my desktop but not instal or even try. Odd side bar too, I also can't open internet options in the control panel when I click on it, it blinks but never appears. The others on the control panel list will open ( how odd is that It worked a few days ago). My browser tends to not open tabs and I get error messages that the server connection was disconnected while downloading, and other server errors. I have emptied caches, temp files, Third party cookies etc. Flushed DNS files reset logs etc. I even tried a system restore, it said the restore worked but it didn't fix anything. I'm running out of ideas with no updating it will prove to be fatal I think ( the Anti Virus alone)!
I have enclosed a few screen shoots of errors. They're not the best but I can always get more if needed. I did check the issues in Screen shot one and they were set correctly, I have dealt with proxy issues before ( that's how I found out internet options wont open). Well I've tried to give you all the info I know so far I even have system info too if you need it.

Attached File  ScreenShot001.jpg   21.56KB   3 downloads
Attached File  ScreenShot004.jpg   28.57KB   3 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

Have you tried resetting your browser?

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

Louis

#3 Wimberley Guy

Wimberley Guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Th troubleshooting information looked nothing like the one they showed and there was no reset button anywhere. Here is a screen shoot of my computers page (Windows XP).

Attached Files

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue.

Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

If you are unable to do the above create a new account to see if that will solve your issue.

#5 Wimberley Guy

Wimberley Guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

OK Life went from bad to worse and then I turned it into a Phoenix!
I rebooted and I lost internet, went to network connections and it was blank. Try to setup a new connection and every thing was in grey. I ran all kinds of tests ( anti V; malware, Dr web, no results nothing found. Rebooted again and all kinds of stuff was missing ---GONE. I transferred all of my documents and emails and e-address book to a flash drive and scrubbed everything then did a new install. I'm till loading lost software but I think I did the right thing. there were several issues that were needing repair or looking after. This seemed to be the smart choice. The world looks a little better today. One step at a time. and I'm getting things back to normal What do you think, I think I made the right choice before it locked me out and I couldn't save anything.

#6 Wimberley Guy

Wimberley Guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

After thought:

Even though it didn't find anything on any of the scans, I think I had a strain of hybrid cooties. And we all know the best way to get rid of cooties!

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hi 2 quick items -
Even though it didn't find anything on any of the scans << Can you please Copy / Paste the scan results InadequateInfirmity requested -
I rebooted and I lost internet << Could you do any of the requested scans prior to your loss of internet ??
If you still have the results of the requested scans, can you send them to a USB Flash drive and post them -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users