Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Eblaster

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mara

mara

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:56 AM

Hi. I have been trying to uninstall eblaster, a Spector product, from my computer.And symptoms in a HijackThis Log is
O21 - SSODL: Macsvr - {AD5FB43A-46A3-4F44-9A5D-0E858376B24F} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\chkmfc.dll
is it?I dont know.Please,help me. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vika

vika

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:13 AM

Hello,

I tried to google something about this file, but nothing showed. Usually nothing on google means it is harmful file. :thumbsup:

I would try to delete this using HijackThis or manually.

if you do not know how to do that try to read and go through instructions how to manually delete harmful files.

#3 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:20 PM

The fact that google is showing nothing normally means it is a bad file. However, to be safe I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem. The reason i want you to post a log is that malware like this never comes alone...

As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having. Please be patient, and a HJT team member will help you to clean up your system

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users