Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TDSS Killer, Windows 7 wont boot.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Slavek

Slavek

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

I ended up waking up this morning to find that my computer would boot and have a BSOD shortly afterward. I went into safe mode to try and find out what was wrong(saw that windows was using up about 75% of my 4gb of RAM) and ended up finding Sinowal.b & Pihal.C. I used TDSSKiller and when my computer restarted, it would no longer boot, it simply sits at a black screen asking me to run windows normally or use the repair tool. The repair doesn't work though with or without my Windows 7 Disk and I can no longer go into safe mode. Any help would be appreciated. I would rather not resort to a full reinstall of windows.

Edit: I have my second computer up and am backing files up. Would it be possible to repair anything from my 2nd computer? Would it be easier to just back files up and format my drive or would a possible solution found here be better?

Edited by Slavek, 28 July 2012 - 02:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slavek

Slavek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

Reformatted drive and reinstalled windows. Can close this topic.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:59 AM

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know. I'm sorry we couldn't get to you sooner. Sometimes a reformat and reinstall is the quickest solution.

Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.

In case you experience any problems with the computer, please start a new topic.

Happy computing,

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users