Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hotmail yahoo mail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 arealnovice

arealnovice

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

about ten days ago i received a notice that my hotmail account was blocked i went to microsoft they aske some questions and said in 24 hours send a code to unlock if i was the owner the code went to spam but then i located it ansered questions put in code would not work ... at this time i have another request to microsoft to unlock it however the code was to be cent to my yahoo mail account now i can not get in to yahoo on my pc.. I can send a mail from another email account to yahoo and it will show on my apple iphone and i can read it this is not true for hotmail account it says error password in correct, ami infected i can see one email being a problem but not another
could use some advice on how to proceed

thanks in advance

EDIT:Moved from Am I infected~~boopme

Edited by boopme, 28 July 2012 - 09:38 PM.
Moved from Am I infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

Hello areaInovice and Welcome -
Sorry that we were a bit slow to reply to this very important post - I think I have only bad news for you -

From your basic description of the situation, I can only say "you responded to a Fake Scam Email" - I get these emails about every week and delete them.
At this time you Must save any contacts that you have and send a direct email to Both Yahoo! and Hotmail to request that your accounts be cancelled now -
Do not use any of the contact methods that you were sent, as these are all FAKE

This is also the time to contact your banks or credit unions and ask for your Credit Cards etc. to be changed, or account names / numbers be changed.
You may have accidentally given these people important data, like your Name, Address, and other personal information that can be used to scam you.

I am not attempting to scare you beyond the fact that you have already been scammed by international thieves, who do this as a living.
My Yahoo! account had another message yesterday that my account was almost full, but with only 500 inbox and 500 outbox items this is wrong -
Yahoo! has virtually unlimited storage and will Never send you these messages, you never posted to M/soft but a Scammer who now has your email account

You can try the FBI contact for Scams, sorry I do not have details, as I am in Australia, and we use another method to contact our Federal Police.
Again I can only say sorry that this was not answered earlier, but I think it was sent to the wrong forum area, and this should have been answered sooner

Good Luck, and please contact us if you want further help -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users