Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SIREFEF.* part of virus name

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 webuser

webuser

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hello:
Last night the MS SE on my home computer went red. Clicked on it to update and to become functional again, little panel came on can’t do. Clicked o help and it went to MS (it appeared to be from MS any way. It looked legitimate), “PC Utility Kit” that analyzed my system and said malware status was good and identified, among other things slowing down my computer, over 5 GB of files ( Not likely. On C drive I only have programs, no data files). When I found out that I have to put my CC#, with no internet protection, I backed out. I think this was the source of the virus.

Uninstalled my MS SE and reinstalled it. It went OK. Got update and all.

Then I got these popups on the windows explorer, not from internet, that “you are about to be logged off. windows have encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically. And it does restart automatically.

I have shut down the internet connection and disconnected all external hard drives from the computer. The only things connected to my computer now are the mouse, the key board and the speakers. No data storage devices.

I am in a loop. In the MS SE history there is this Trojan/ Win64/, Win32/, Virus., all ending with SIREFF. With different extensions. For example Trojan/SIREFF.A; Win64/Sireff.p; win32.sireff.aa., ETC., ETC. All of them are marked “removed” in the MS SE history. I counted them. Some time there are 3 of them, next time the computer restarts, there are 4, next time, there is 1, next time there are 31 of them. The number goes up and down each time the computer restarts itself. I don’t understand why they go down and then go up. However many there are, they are in the closed environment. Nothing comes from the internet. So if the MSSE has deleted some, why do more come up?

When the system restarts, the MSSE sometimes tells me there is a virus that needs to clean. So I click to clean. Sometime MSSE pops up that I need to restart the computer to finish cleaning computer. What always happens is that the windows explorer pop up comes on with “you are about to be logged off……” and it restarts the computer and the loop.

I tried to do a complete scan and even a quick scan, but the computer restarts before much scanning is done

I tried to do a system restore. But the system said the computer cannot be shut down to do a restore.

Is there any way out of this short of formatting the C drive and reinstalling all the programs again?

The computer is Win7 64bit running Windows Home Premium.

Sorry for the long post.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Webuser

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hello, this is a dangerous and difficult infection. removal requires specific assistance.

We need a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If GMER won't run (it may not on a 64 bit system) skip it and move on.

Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users