Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sirefef

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dd564

dd564

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

I have a sirefef virus. In the automatic reboot.

Tried doing a system recovery to a few days ago. Not sure if it's clean.

Here is my frst.txt attachment.

Thanks!

*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   33.09KB   1 downloads

Edited by Queen-Evie, 27 July 2012 - 11:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CompSecurityExpert

CompSecurityExpert

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

I have a sirefef virus. In the automatic reboot.

Tried doing a system recovery to a few days ago. Not sure if it's clean.

Here is my frst.txt attachment.

Thanks!

*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

It's not clean. First off Sirefef is a rootkit that can attach itself to kernel drivers etc and not to scare you it's probably selling your computer out to attacker as we speak and the computer underground. That all said someone correct me if I am wrong but on 64 bit windows 7 Sirefef can't generally attach itself t a kernel driver like it does in Windows XP and unfortunately it looks as though you are running a 32 bit machine with Windows 7 Home Prem which means it's probably infected the kernel too....

Someone here can help you remove it manually but you may also remove it if you can restore your system to factory settings.

Edited by CompSecurityExpert, 27 July 2012 - 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users