Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alfa Cleaner Ect.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Leah15176

Leah15176

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:20 AM

I turned off my computer and when I turned it back on a box popped up at the log in screen that said the application could not instilize. I click okay and it began looging me in. However, once I was logged in only the picture of my desktop showed up and nothing else. My arrow from my mouse popped up and I could move it around however, that was all that showed up, there was nothing I could click on. I found out that I had Alfa Cleaner on my computer and went threw all the steps in order to remove it. I restarted my computer and and go to the log in screen, the same message saying that the application could not be instilized showed up. It logged me in and there was nothing but a blue screen in and my mouse. There was absolutely nothing I could click on!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:16 PM

Heya Leah

Are you able to boot into safe mode? By pressing the F8 key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer
beep when you reboot it (some versions of windows will display 'Starting Windows' with a grey progress bar)
you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode. Click "with networking support" to be able to use the internet. If that works, please read the selfhelp instructions which can be found here. Please use those instructions as a guide to removing AlfaCleaner from your computer. If you are not happy doing it by yourself and would like 1 to 1 help, or cannot remove the program using the self-help guide please reply and we can consider the options possible.

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users