Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2730p digitizer/mouse weirdness ... single clicks registering as double clicks, etc.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zer0nix

zer0nix

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

after installing the latest wacom and touchpad drivers listed on hp's support website (5.0.5.5 and 15.0.24 respectively), i've noticed a few odd new quirks...

firstly ... in drawing programs -including microsoft paint- when two dashes are drawn within 2 seconds of each other, sometimes, a third, thin dash is then drawn connecting the beginning points of the two dashes .., that is, if i make two line segments, AB and XY, with starting points A and X, a connecting line segment is somehow being automatically drawn from A to X after both AB and XY have been drawn -which is not only annoying, it's totally weird!

example:
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3406/44118829.png
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3882/capturemb.png
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1276/capture2mw.png

secondly, for some reason, single -left mouse button- clicks are being recognized as double clicks on ALL mouse devices other than the touchpad and the touchpad's mouse buttons (the right mouse buttons seem unaffected). this means that every single time, whether i'm using the pen or a usb mouse, a single click ends up selecting entire words, opening 2 of every link, and trying to pause / play a video by clicking on the media controls becomes a nearly impossible chore. touchpad mouse buttons and right mouse buttons are not affected.

UPDATE: after disconnecting the usb mouse, left clicks with the pen are no longer registering as double clicks.

thirdly, because of these two problems, hand writing recognition is now completely broken (it's still broken). it was working astonishingly well before and now it even makes mistakes recognizing the simplest of words written very carefully.

all of these problems are NEW problems that didn't happen before with the same os and drivers installed onto an older hdd (which is now dead). this current os install is only about a week old.

i'm at a loss as to what to do next. help?

ps: i set up this system with a restore disk and did not uninstall any drivers before installing the new ones... i figured that since i never installed any drivers, i wouldn't have to uninstall anything. was that wrong?

UPDATE: a new annoying glitch: after selecting a text input box with the pen, if the pen cursor remains anywhere on the screen, the 'pen keyboard' icon flashes between multiple -seemingly random- areas on the screen, even if the cursor is nowhere near them. very strange.

EDIT: suddenly, i'm having misgivings about posting this topic here; perhaps this would get more eyes if it could be moved to 'internal hardware.'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users