Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Error 43

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 darthkronk

darthkronk

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

I have a GeForce 9800 GTX video card and have been having some major problems recently. I was playing a game several days ago when my system froze completely. No task manager, no force quit, I had to do a hard reset. When I got back into windows, the same thing happened several times in a row in several different games within 30 seconds of starting them up. I looked in my device manager and noticed my video card is reporting error code 43, stating that the device was stopped due to problems. I tried updating to the latest drivers from NVIDIA, to no avail. I tried rolling back to an earlier driver. I also tried removing the card and re-seating it on the motherboard. I shut down my system and switched my monitor's DVI cable over to the motherboard's integrated video input. I booted up into the BIOS, switched the default display device and booted back into windows. At this point, my device manager no longer showed the error 43 on the video card, but stated that it was working properly. However, when I tried to open the NVIDIA control panel, it came back with an error stating that no NVIDIA device was attached. I'm worried that the card could be dead, yet it's still doing some things that suggest it's not. I've never had an artifacts, or any display oddities with the card. The recent freeze is first problem I've had. I do see that the GPU fan is working, so I'm holding out hope that it's not dead yet. If anyone can offer me any help I would greatly appreciate it. Below I will list my relevant system specs. Oh, and the dxdiag is blank in the display tab.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-M PRO Z68 LGA115
CPU: Intel Core i5 2400
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX by EVGA
Currently Installed video driver: 296.10 (This is the "earlier driver" I mentioned above. I have also tried the latest 301.42 driver)

Please let me know if there is any other relevant information I can provide. I appreciate any help you might offer. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 darthkronk

darthkronk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

I'm wondering... have I failed to provide enough information or are folks similarly stumped?

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

people work on different schedules, sometimes patience is key. . .anyway, it is definetly a graphical issue. It is either a driver error, or faulty graphics card. Since youve tried different versions of the driver, I would guess its a faulty card. You can try completly erasing all the drivers and installing another driver version, but id guess its a faulty card.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 darthkronk

darthkronk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

Oh I definitely know what you mean. I wasn't trying to complain that there wasn't a reply after 5 seconds or anything. I just noticed a number of views and was trying to make sure I provided enough information for anyone who might be able to help.

I will try a few other version of the drivers to see if they help.

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

there probably were, theres a lot of people that visit the site for different reasons-a lot are looking on how to fix problems on their own computers, and those of us who float around to help all have different areas of expertise and they may not have known what the problem is. In any case, I know you wernt tryin to be pushy, and I understand it can be frustrating sometimes when your computers not working (been there done that more then once) But like I said, try a different driver version after completly uninstalling the old drivers, and if that doesn't work I think its time for a new video card.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users