Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Website/Google Redirect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -AndyH-

-AndyH-

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:33 AM

Hi

I have been receiving quite a few redirects recently from flyertalk.com (only this site appears to be redirecting) either when entering the address in Google and clicking on the link, or when using the address bar autocomplete history in IE.

The redirect is to a polish site which I have checked with UrlQuery (http://urlquery.net/report.php?id=105702). It displays popups with a spoof Microsoft Security Essentials Alert potential threat page.

Basic PC info:

Windows 7
IE 7
avast! 7.0.1456
Secunia PSI
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

So far, I have:

1) Run full and boot scans with avast in Windows safe mode - no viruses found
2) Run a full malware scan with Malwarebytes in Windows safe mode - nothing found
3) Checked everything is up-to-date with Secunia PSI - everything is showing as up-to-date
4) Deleted Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files.

Any suggestions what is causing this redirect?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -AndyH-

-AndyH-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

Just an update:

Other users of this site also appear to be affected by the same problem. It appears the forum script (vBSEO) has been exploited and many other forums have also been affected - http://www.vbseo.com/blogs/rafael-benard/introduction-security-basics-123filestore-url123-redirection-issues-what-caused-how-prevent-361/

I have sent a message to the site admin notifying him of what has been happening.

I am happy for this thread to be closed as I do not think my PC is infected.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users