Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Dimension 3000 Memory

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:27 PM

Hello folks,

Does anyone know what type of RAM Dell Dimension 3000 require...I replaced my kingston 512mb module with kbyte after my kingston threw in the towel and now, although its not too bad, I have noticed that there is a performance sacrifice..

I read that to get maximum results from memory installations, one needs memory configured to the motherboard else there would be problems...

I'd like to throw in 2X512MB but do not want to use this make of chip..any suggestions would be much appreciated...

My current mainboard is the OEM btw..:-)

Thanks
Darren

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:17 PM

I always go to www.crucial.com and let them pick it for me. Can't go wrong, and no obligation to buy from them.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:38 PM

Very Helpful,,.thank you very much
:-)

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:24 AM

I found the following documentation about your computer.
I hope it is what your are looking for.

Memory

Type
333- and 400-MHz DDR SDRAM

NOTE: DDR 333 and DDR 400 memory runs at 266 MHz when configured with Celeron 400 MHz FSB processors

NOTE: DDR 333 memory runs at 320MHz when configured with Pentium 4 800 MHz FSB processors

Memory connectors
two

Memory capacities
128-, 256-, 512-, or 1-GB nonECC

Minimum memory
128 MB

NOTE: Between 1 and 64 MB of system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.

Maximum memory
2 GB

BIOS address
F0000h

It was located at the following link. http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...s.htm#wp1075776

If you need more information about your computer Everest Home 2.2 may provide you with the rest of the information you seek.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users