Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Hang?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:05 PM

Guys,
My windows will stuck at the windows XP screen with the status bar running, however, it would run forever and not going into the log in screen.

I have swap the harddisk and it works fine so i can deduce its the harddisk problem. I need a way to get it ack to login screen......

Any help is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Zener
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

Resources for troubleshooting startup problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

#3 ZENER

ZENER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:47 PM

forgot to mention that windows repair has been perform......yield no result..
chkdk perform....no result.....
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.

#4 ZENER

ZENER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:50 PM

Resources for troubleshooting startup problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041

WENT THRU BUT NOT HELPFUL.

#5 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:56 PM

When you say you swapped HDD's do you mean you to the HDD from the problem computer and put it in a different one and it worked or did you take a HDD from a working comupter and put it in problem computer and it worked????

Did you install any new software just before problem started??

If you did a repair install & still have the same problem it sounds as if it is a hardware problem.

Disconnect all hardware devices, unplug all PCI cards, leave only the Monitor, Keyboard, & Mouse plugged in and try to boot up.

#6 ZENER

ZENER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:29 AM

When you say you swapped HDD's do you mean you to the HDD from the problem computer and put it in a different one and it worked or did you take a HDD from a working comupter and put it in problem computer and it worked????

Did you install any new software just before problem started??

If you did a repair install & still have the same problem it sounds as if it is a hardware problem.

Disconnect all hardware devices, unplug all PCI cards, leave only the Monitor, Keyboard, & Mouse plugged in and try to boot up.

i swap the harddisk....the problematic ones still has the problem but the new ones boots up perfectly on the old ones motherboard.......

The system was isolated for 2 weeks......was working fine previously...perfectly........

Hardware problem...unlikely...Bios hardware check no problem...did a third party full scan also no problem.

This issues happen on a notebook.......so other peripherials issues are isolated cause i swap harddisk rem?

This is a challenging troubleshooting problem and i have been working on it for 2 full days.......

#7 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:26 AM

This one has got me stumped. If a repair install didn't do the trick then it would seem that it is the HDD.
I will continue to search for a solution.

#8 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:01 AM

If you are sure the hard drive in question is healthy and a repair install didn't work, then you need to wipe the disk, reformat and do a new full installation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users