Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ilivid virus on mac

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tcmault

tcmault

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

It seems I have the ilivid virus on my mac. It impacted firefox, but not safari.

How do I remove it?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 25 July 2012 - 11:06 PM.
Moved to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hello tcmault,

I've been in consult with others here. Please be aware that I don't have a MAC, so I can't test anything.

Let's start with the easiest approach. Since only Firefox is affected, it could be that what you have is the illivid extension in Firefox. Let's see if we can uninstall it.

Open Firefox, then Tools --> Add-ons --> Extensions.

If there is an extension named illivid remove it and restart Firefox. If there isn't a remove option, choose Disable and restart Firefox. Let me know if that works.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 tcmault

tcmault
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

There was nothing that sad ilivid but there was a Flashplayer extension. I deleted it and now everything seems back to normal. Thank you for the suggestion.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hello,

I'm glad the problem is resolved.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users