Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2007 didn't install any fonts, no Font option in installer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ggxtreme

ggxtreme

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

I installed Office 2007 Home and Student on this computer a few weeks ago, but I haven't used it enough to notice this until today: I don't have any Office 2007 fonts at all (not a single font in this list: http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=153 ), only the default fonts included with Windows 7. The fonts are not on my computer at all, they do not exist in the Fonts folder accessible from the Control Panel. A few online solutions suggested to check out the 'Fonts' selection under "Office Shared Features" in the Office installer, but no such item exists:

Posted Image

I have checked my printer drivers and such as suggested by Microsoft, but everything is normal there (kind of irrelevant since the fonts aren't even in the Fonts folder). I have seen several other people report the same problem on Microsoft Answers and get no solution. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit with the latest updates. What happened to my fonts? :blink:

Edited by ggxtreme, 25 July 2012 - 09:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,853 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

You may have not installed the stuff that would have installed the fonts.

Go to the Add/Remove Programs dialog in Control Panel, choose the
Office 2007 item, and click Change. Choose Add or Remove Features. On
the next page, expand the Office Shared Features icon, then expand
Fonts. Make sure the Additional TrueType Fonts item is set to "Run
from my computer", and click Continue.

From here: http://www.techtalkz.com/microsoft-office-word/133735-office2007-vivaldi-font-missing.html#post549611

Also, check and see if other Font options are set to run. If not, set those to Run from my computer also and click Continue.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 ggxtreme

ggxtreme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

As depicted in the screenshot in my OP, there is no "Fonts" under "Office Shared Features" when I do that.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 25 July 2012 - 10:54 PM.
Removed unnecessary quote. ~ OB

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,853 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

Please bear with me. I do not have Office 2007 installed on this machine, so I was unable to determine from the image that you had already tried the suggestion I posted.

Since those fonts are not appearing in the configuration area, my conclusion is that there were certain items not installed to begin with. My first hunch would be language packs, but that is a hunch.

You may need to uninstall the software and reinstall it to get the components you need.

There is an article here: http://helpdeskgeek.com/office-tips/office-2007-custom-install/ that discusses how to do a custom install for Office 2007, though it doesn't specifically identify the Student Teacher Edition and seems from the narrative to discuss the business edition. That said, looking through the topic, the two sections that may have the content presently missing from your install are: set the features and installation state. and Additional Content ==> Add Files. The pictures are too small for me to read, and when I enlarge, they are too blurry for me to read, but those two sections are the most logical locations for the missing fonts. Again, my first hunch is that those fonts are in various language packs.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 ggxtreme

ggxtreme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

The article you linked is for building an automated installation (ie. installing Office on multiple computers over the network). I will give this option a try when I get the chance. Keep in mind that the normal installer and the configuration menu I posted above are identical when not running a typical installation. When I run the normal installer or access the configuration menu for Office 2007 on my other computer (using the same disc), there is actually a Fonts section under Office Shared Features, so something mysterious is going on when the installer gets a list of installable components on this PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users