Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2730p displays nothing but black after loading vista, is loading os slowly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zer0nix

zer0nix

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

it was working perfectly fine just a few days ago with the latest turbo boost drivers: 8.15.10.2302
suddenly, i don't know what happened (the last thing i did was change the font dpi settings) but now, loading the os takes much longer and with those same drivers, the screen displays nothing but black even after reinstalling them in safe mode.

i've resorted to using the older drivers: 7.15.10.1908 which actually work perfectly, but i'm very concerned about what may have caused this in the first place.

one possible clue: when loading the os in safe mode, it actually hangs for about 20 seconds on a file that it also hung with when attempting to load the os from a hdd that then shortly died. could it be that this hdd is dying?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 deb001

deb001

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hi,

My name is Debbie.

If you run the Hardware Diagnostics you might be able to find the cause of this continuous Slow Hard drive issues.
Further I would suggest you to run scan of good Antivirus and spyware which might be able to pick some infections from your system. Try to disable some start up items by going into MSCONFIG.

For further assistance please reply

Thanks & Regards
Debbie_B

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 August 2012 - 08:17 PM.
Removed spammy content. ~ OB

Thanks & Regards
Debbie_B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users