Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Attempting to rename files in explorer moves the view to the next column to the right

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zer0nix

zer0nix

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

...in list view, meaning that if i try to rename a file in a folder with a lot of files, i can't actually see the changes i'm making.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

What particular folder/file do you actually try to rename? Can you post a screenshot?

Tekken

#3 zer0nix

zer0nix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

i'd rather not post the file names, but they are rather long (longer than 60 characters). there are 337 files in the folder, which has a short name (8 characters) and is 1 folder away from the root folder.

i've tried expanding the name column in details view but that doesn't seem to affect this behavior which is in list view. pressing del or f2 simply moves the viewspace one column over and the actual functions of deleting and renaming do actually work; it's just that the file moves out of sight, which is kind of annoying.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

Is this the same computer as this problem?

2730p displays nothing but black after loading vista, is loading os slowly
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic462479.html

Thanks
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 zer0nix

zer0nix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

yes it is roger, and it has a few more distressing problems as well, the most distressing of which is this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic462695.html#entry2782117

i bought this tablet to do notetaking and cg art and now neither of these things are possible for reasons i cannot ascertain.

edit: oh wow, this is even more annoying than the renaming glitch; if i click on a file and then click up or down, the viewpoint will shift from column to column, back and forth from left to right. basically, as far as i'm concerned, list view is completely broken in explorer. i can't even see the files i'm selecting!

Edited by zer0nix, 27 July 2012 - 09:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users