Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Computer Moron who doesn't know which Forum to use

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 angie10863

angie10863

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hello,

As I'm sure you've all figured out....I'm Brand New to this. I don't even know what forum that I need to ask this question in (is that pathetic or what)??
I'm attempting to use Irfanview to resize some photos. I've read their help topics and still don't understand! Can someone please help me. I have a photo that is 1156 pixels in width and 1147 pixels in length, 72 DPI, Bit Depth 24, I'm using Windows 7. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to make this a 5x7 photo using this program. Every place I've looked on the net gives a different set of instructions, after trying them, my photo is still not right.
Any help would be greatly appreciated~If only to tell me where this should really be posted. Sorry, but I am truly a computer moron!!!

Angie

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Take a look here: http://www.somewhere-in-time.net/tutorial/irfanview/

Note in step four you can change the parameters from pixels to centimeters or inches. This is where you would get your 5 by 7 setting. I hope this is what you were looking for?

If not reply here, and we have many members who are much more proficient with Irfanview than I am. Who should be able to guide you through what you need to do.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users