Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Windows - Accounts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 soultree

soultree

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

G'DAY TEAM! CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHY I AM GETTING AN ERROR NOTIFICATION: # 0x80004003
AFTER I OPEN A USER ACCOUNT ON MY COMPUTER?

THERE ARE THREE ACCOUNTS. ONE OF WHICH OPERATES SATISFACTORILY. HOWEVER, AFTER I ENTER EITHER OF THE OTHER TWO AND SELECT THE "START" ICON ON THE WINDOWS TASKBAR, I FIND THAT IF I ATTEMPT TO SELECT AN ITEM FROM THE START BOX POP-UP MENU THE ACCOUNT LOCKS UP AND THE ABOVE ERROR MESSAGE APPEARS. IAM THEN REQUIRED TO USE CTRL-ALT-DELETE TO ESCAPE FROM THE ACCOUNT.

I HAVE FOUND THAT GOING INTO THE ONE OPERATING ACCOUNT AND SELECTING "MY COMPUTER" I AM STILL ABLE TO ACCESS THE FILES IN THE "LOCKED" ACCOUNTS.

IF YOU CAN ASSIST ME, I WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH AN IOU FOR A HUG AND A KISS TO BE EXERCISED AT MY DISCRETION. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

Did these accounts ever work and if so, when did they stop working and why?

Which version of XP?

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:00 AM

Well, it appears there is something corrupt in the software somewhere. Trying to track down the exact cause will be difficult. I think you have a couple of choices here:

1) what happens when you create a new account? Go ahead and try it. Does it work alright?
Start > control panel > user accounts

If so, then delete one of the bad accounts. When deleting you will be given the option of saving that users data. Do so, and direct Windows to save the data in the new account if given the option.

If the above procedure works, then do it again for the second defective user account.

If no success:

2) try a Repair install of Windows. Insert Windows CD. Reboot computer. Allow the computer to boot to Windows CD. When prompted choose "Install Windows" at the first opportunity. Then at the second opportunity choose "REPAIR" (which is hitting the R key). Then let windows do a repair install. Theoretically this will not affect your data or programs, but I suggest making full backups first anyway, as backups are never a bad idea.

Also please note: Not all versions of Windows install CDs have the option for a Repair install. Let us know if that is the case in your case.

NOTE: Choosing 'R' at the first opportunity will give you the Recovery Console and this is NOT what you want. You want to choose 'R' at the second opportunity.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users