Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Digital certificate warnings stop Java programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aisrael

aisrael

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

I can't get some Java programs to run because of digital certificate warnings that come up repeatedly. The first one says, "The application's digital signature has been verified. Do you want to run the application?". I click Run and the next warning comes up,"The publisher cannot be verified by a trusted source. Code will be treated as unsigned." When I click on Details, I see 'Java.io.FileNotFoundException'. I click OK, and the first warning comes back. This continues until the Java program I'm trying to run just stops loading.

I've tried different browsers with the same results. There is some indication that a digital certificate has expired. I've run into this problem on a couple of different sites that start a Java program. Any ideas?

EDIT: Email address removed as that defeats the purpose of the forums. As well as we cannot be responsible for the quality or authenticity of the information given. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hello -
Please download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Thank You -

#3 aisrael

aisrael
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for the reply, but what is this SecurityCheck.exe supposed to do? I'm skeptical about downloading any .exe file. Please elaborate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users