Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alternative For Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kymakmsc

kymakmsc

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Is there any other option to take the place of Adobe Flash Player to facilitate the enjoy of music and video on youtube.com in Windows XP? What are the operational procedures involved?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

There is no replacement for Flash. If there was, don't you think we would all be using it?

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

You can try this Firefox and Greasemonkey hack: http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-watch-youtube-videos-including-hd-without-flash-in-firefox.html

Have not tried it so don't know if it will work with XP. But at first glance it's a script for Firefox so it should not be OS dependent.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 kymakmsc

kymakmsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

How about HTML 5 Brower?

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

http://www.slimbrowser.net/en/

Tekken

#6 Supportrix

Supportrix

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:18 AM

There are no replacements for Flash player but you can download the movies on Youtube using firefox addon video download helper then try using universal players like VLC or media player classic because they are compatible with videos from Youtube. You can also use Youtube downloader...

#7 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:49 AM

Hi,

there are replacements for Flash player. Gnash, swfdec or lightspark to name a few. The issue is, that Adobe is developing the flash-standards and that these alternatives therefore will always be behind on the latest features flash has to offer. However if you just want to watch videos, these alternatives should work fine for you.
In addition, as previously mentioned, if you have a html5 compatible browser you may not need flash player to be able to play videos on youtube.

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 pointer46

pointer46

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hi: I am having problems opening or running videos on Youtube and elsewhere. I tried to download your program, but without success. Can U help?

btw,Netflix works fine on my computer but on no other sites do videos play correctly .Why?

#9 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Because Netflix doesn't use Flash. It uses Silverlight, Microsoft's attempt to compete with Flash. Instead of tacking on to a year old thread, I suggest you start a new thread describing exactly what happens when you try to play Youtube videos.

#10 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Because Netflix doesn't use Flash. It uses Silverlight, Microsoft's attempt to compete with Flash. Instead of tacking on to a year old thread, I suggest you start a new thread describing exactly what happens when you try to play Youtube videos.

I watch Netflix and I dont have Sliverlight installed. I think they use HTML5.

#11 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

I heard that Netflix might ditch Silverlight but I haven't seen any news about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users