Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving My Documents, My Music, My everything

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SobiMask

SobiMask

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hi there,

I've just bought this new computer (Dell Inspiron N5520). The drives they've partitioned for me are: Local Disk C 100GB, Local Disk D 415GB, Local Disk E 415GB. Now, I don't have experience working with computers with more than one drive (my previous computer only had Local Disk C and all the ones before that as well) so I'm not really sure what to do.

I suppose this is all fine everything except that my Users folder is in Local Disk C (with 100GB). And if I'm not wrong, the Users folder is where my documents and my music an basically most of my files will go. And the 100gb drive will quickly fill up in this case. Is there a way to move it to Local Disk D or E without turning it into a complete fiasco?

I've considered just making new folders in local disk D and calling them my documents and everything as a replacement. Will this work?

Or would it automatically move on to Local Disk D if Local Disk C is full? Will the folder just somehow extend itself? In this case, I should leave Local Disks D and E alone for the moment yes?

Thanks for helping

"Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them."
Aristotle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 th3p00r

th3p00r

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

I assumed you're using windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Redirect-a-folder-to-a-new-location

#3 SobiMask

SobiMask
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

Thanks!

"Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them."
Aristotle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users