Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

organizing computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 heffnut

heffnut

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

I need to clean up files off my computer, I am wondering the best way of cleaning up music files as wells photos and would love for any ideas of organizing files so my computer is tidy and files are easily managed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Folders and external storage memory devices. Make folders for specific types of files or information on BOTH the computer's internal disc and on the external devices. Decide which files you want to delete from the computer, but first put copies of what you want to keep onto the external device.

#3 _deepa

_deepa

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hi,

To help you in a better way I would like to provide you following links that might help you to organize your system and remove unwanted files and folders:-

https://www.microsoft.com/athome/setup/cleansweep.aspx#fbid=RP9Yv52o5UY

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/44962/how-to-clean-up-and-fix-your-music-library-with-the-musicbrainz-database/

Please let me know for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards
Deepa_R

*moderator edit: removed shortened link and replaced it with full link - Queen-Evie*

Edited by Queen-Evie, 04 August 2012 - 11:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users