Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print Spooler Crashing Vista hp laserjet 1536

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gdtms24

gdtms24

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

I have a PC running vista that keeps having the print spooler crashing. I can print maybe one time before I get a pop up box saying

Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working and Was Closed

Then if I go to the event viewer I get the following

Event 1000
Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 6.0.6002.18294, time stamp 0x4c6aa29a, faulting module hppdcompio.dll, version 1.3.0.24, time stamp 0x4c9685da, exception code 0xc0000417, fault offset 0x000000000000552c, process id 0xaf4, application start time 0x01cd69fdecc9154e.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

Press Windows+R key and type

services.msc and click ok

Right click on print spooler-stop it

Press Windows+R key and copy this path

%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers

click ok

Delete the files in the folder

Restart the PC and try to print now

Edited by narenxp, 24 July 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#3 deb001

deb001

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hi,
My name is Debbie.
Very well said by narenxp to follow those steps as that should definitely let your printer print after that.

A print spooler is software that temporarily stores print jobs on the computer hard disk or in memory until the printer is ready to print them. If you've been waiting an unusually long time for a document to print, or if you see an error message about the print spooler, spooler subsystem, or spooler resources, you might need to change and then restart the Print Spooler service on your computer.

To do this, we recommend that you save your work, and then restart the computer to restart the Print Spooler service. If you don't want to restart the computer, try these steps instead.

To change or restart the Print Spooler service
You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

1. Open Administrative Tools by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Administrative Tools.

2. Double-click Services. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Right click the Print Spooler service, and then click Properties.

4. On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic is selected.

5. If the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

For further assistance please reply

Thanks & Regards
Debbie_B

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 August 2012 - 08:18 PM.
Removed spammy content. ~ OB

Thanks & Regards
Debbie_B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users