Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot update or uninstall program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rob3k

rob3k

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hello, ever since I removed some malware I cannot run a program that is vital to my job. It tries to do a software update (which it does periodically) and encounters this error: Message 0x1047 in SUBVMCHK Another application is in the process of updating. Please wait while this update completes. I click ok and the program shuts down. I cannot uninstall the program (I get error 1060)Is there a registry key missing? Earliest system restore does not work. Please help. Thanks in advanceAttached File  1.png   31.83KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

Try this tool to uninstall the software

http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html

Reinstall the application

#3 rob3k

rob3k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

Thank you, that worked to uninstall...but now when I go to re-install the program I get this error... setup.exe error 1016 0x00000005 , now it will not let me install the program

#4 Firefoxthebomb

Firefoxthebomb

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

How about if your right click the file and Run as Admin?

firefoxsig-resized.jpg.b57936275b99d45f7

Dell Precision T7810, Win10 64bit fully updated, Symantec Endpoint Protection,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5-2620v4 CPUs, Dual 8 Core Processors, 32GB Ram,
E5-2620v4 @ 2.10GHz X 2, AMD FirePro W4100 with 4 Screens, 500GB SSD Boot Drive,
Raid-1 Dual 2TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives, DVD Burner, IE11, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users