Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question 3d Animation Gifs

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 John S

John S

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:15 PM

Can someone tell me how I can move 3d animated GIfs photos and them steal work, are can it be done. You you need a program to do it? thanks John S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:40 AM

Hmm....unless I'm mistaken, I believe that .gif's are not 3d. They're simply pictures displayed in frames much like a movie that create a motion-like apperance.

For "moving" them, do you mean saving them then viewing them later on (like emailing them to others and letting them view it)? If that's the case, then you'd (or whomever is viewing it) would have to open it up in something that would "play" the .gif. Internet Explorer will play a .gif, along with Windows picture and fax viewer and Adobe Image Ready. Microsoft (windows) paint will not let a .gif play.

Hope it helps!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:09 AM

Where do you want to move them from, and where do you want to move them to?
Please give more detail. :thumbsup:
And actually Steve, gifs can be both animated and 3-d. ;)
And gifs, if I'm correct are the only file format that supports animations.
Posted Image

Edited by Scarlett, 10 March 2006 - 09:14 AM.

Posted Image

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:46 AM

:thumbsup: I guess that I'm just used to Adobe Image Ready....using .jpg's to make animation then saving as a .gif to allow the animation to be viewed later. I made my sig (below) a long time ago, and used .jpg's, and then had them show at different times to create an animation like effect. I guess I need to polish up on my 3D stuff :inlove: Being a photographer, everything is 2D to me...... :flowers:

Sorry for the confusion :trumpet:

Posted Image

Edited by stevealmighty, 10 March 2006 - 09:47 AM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:55 AM

Hey it's ok. :thumbsup: You didn't do anything.
I am just trying to help too.
Truthfully, you know more about graphics than I.
{Nice sig! A bit of re-sizing and it would would work here.}
Posted Image

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:50 AM

Part of your job description will now entail keeping me inline. Good luck with that........you'll need it! LOL!!! Kidding!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment on the sig, too. It was the first sig I ever made. Originally, I had it so that stars "twinkled" in the background, but had to do away with those because of size restraints on another forum. Like the bonehead that I am, I neglected to save the original as a copy, and saved over it with with smaller version :flowers: Oh well, lesson learned.

John S, is any of this info helping you? If you answered Scarletts' questions, I'm sure you'd get better answers :trumpet:
Posted Image

#7 John S

John S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:56 PM

To my understanding a photo that is a GIFS is like this :thumbsup: , It will more. If you try to copy it on another photo you will loose the movemont. If you try to edit them the movement is gone. Will thet help. thanks

#8 John S

John S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:07 PM

Thank Stevealmighty , I'm trying to learn about animations, and 3d's . I can use all the help I can get???

#9 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:10 PM

No problem at all :thumbsup: Just post again if you have something else that bleepingcomputer.com can help you with :flowers:
Posted Image

#10 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:43 PM

To my understanding a photo that is a GIFS is like this :thumbsup: , It will more. If you try to copy it on another photo you will loose the movemont. If you try to edit them the movement is gone. Will thet help. thanks

I'm sorry John I do not know how to do that eiether.
I just ran into the same problem this morning.
Hopefully others will chime in with a solution.
Then we can both learn together. :flowers:
Posted Image

#11 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 03:34 PM

Ok, lemme see if I can explain this, bear with me please.....

A gif consists of mulitple pictures (jpg's) that are stacked in layers and faded in and out to show an action or motion. There is a time delay between the frames (making a "frame rate") that can be adjusted to lengthen or shorten how long each individual frame is shown. You can also adjust the opacity (how "see through") it is, which will show or hide the next layer.

I've made a real quick .gif to demonstrate. I simply made the word "motion", with each letter being it's own layer. I put a small delay between the frames of .2 seconds to help space them out, and made it blink at the end.

Posted Image

In the program I use (Adobe Image Ready), it shows the frame, time delay and other things that you can adjust. I'll put a screen shot below of the .gif I made in Image Ready. In frame 1, the "M" appears for .2 seconds, then in frame 2 the "O" appears for .2 seconds, frame 3 shows "T" for .2 seconds so forth and so on. It's just a matter of showing and hiding different layers (jpg's) at different times, showing other layers (different jpg's) for different times, and having them placed so that it looks the way you want it to. I believe that you need a program to work with layers to create a .gif. I could be wrong, as I'm limited to using Image Ready.

Posted Image

Is this good, or would you like me to explain about layers (different pictures) and layer opacity (visability of a pictutre or layer) more?
Posted Image

#12 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

This link may help.

http://members.aol.com/royalef/gifmake.htm
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#13 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:56 PM

This link may help.

http://members.aol.com/royalef/gifmake.htm

Oooh...maybe I could make my own .gif? Yay!!! Thanks for the linky!!! :thumbsup:

#14 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:16 PM

No problem. Have fun. Keep it clean :thumbsup:
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#15 John S

John S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:43 AM

Will I downloaded the adoobe ready and it want open any of my photos?? I see I have alot to learn. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users