Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop with ubuntu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sloboat

sloboat

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

i'm fed up with windows & am hesitant to spend big bucks for a mac book. i've been considering a laptop from "system 76". the pangolin model for $700 looks appealing. they come with ubuntu pre-installed. has anyone here had experience with, or can recommend these machines? thks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

I don't know too much about system 76 but I figure I'd throw out an option here to possibly save you $700. If you just want a different operating system on your computer you could actually wipe out windows and install Ubuntu for free. If you still need a windows computer, you can dual boot the two operating systems and use windows only when you absolutely need too.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 24 July 2012 - 10:35 AM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 johhny

johhny

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

Hi..
Ubuntu is faster and secure OS you can go for it. However, you can face problem in playing your Windows Media files and some videos. I have read many reviews on the Ubuntu, people like it most after Windows, as it is affordable and reliable. Its features and apps are very good. You do not need any antivirus or Office installation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users