Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broken screen

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BarryO

BarryO

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

I have broken the screen on my laptop & have found a site selling screens. I have found the appropriate screen but it says the screens size, resolution & backlight must be the same as the original screen. How would I find these out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firefoxthebomb

Firefoxthebomb

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

Not sure which website you found that has your screen, but I have bought many screens from ScreenCountry. They are legit and they have an 800 number you can call to make sure you have the exact screen you need.

If you have already disassembled your laptop you can get the exact screen/part number for the back of the screen and enter that part number on their website.

They also have some tutorials on how to change out your screen.

firefoxsig-resized.jpg.b57936275b99d45f7

Dell Precision T7810, Win10 64bit fully updated, Symantec Endpoint Protection,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5-2620v4 CPUs, Dual 8 Core Processors, 32GB Ram,
E5-2620v4 @ 2.10GHz X 2, AMD FirePro W4100 with 4 Screens, 500GB SSD Boot Drive,
Raid-1 Dual 2TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives, DVD Burner, IE11, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

Depends on the make and model.

Dell has a place on their website where you can look it up

Dell, Lenovo, HP (Compaq) make the service manuals available for download. Acer & Toshiba do not.

If plan to change the screen yourself, then you will need to remove it anyway. Why not remove it and read the model number off the back of the screen. A Quick search by the model number will tell you the specifications.

For directions on how to remove the screen, please post the make and model
I should also mention that some of the connectors and the bezel around the screen can be delicate.

Roger

I see Firefoxthebomb beat me to the post.

Edited by rotor123, 24 July 2012 - 11:41 AM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 BarryO

BarryO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:02 AM

Thanks for the replies sorry it took so long to come back.

I have an asus X5DIJ, I have half taken the screen out but cannot disconnect it from the body, the wires appear stuck to the screen rather than there being a pinned connector. The screen is CHUNGWA CLAA156WA11A. Firefoxthebomb , screencountry is an American site & I live in england so would hve to pay a lot of p & p is there anywhere cheaper you know of pls

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Look at this website: http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/screen-part-number/CLAA156WA11A/
Then on the left side it shows the back of the screen showing where the plug from the computer goes.
http://www.laptopscreen.com/img/screens/1_big/U03%20laptop%20screen.jpg

The cable slides in. Be very gentle unplugging it as they are fragile. They is a tape over the connector that is used to hold the cable into the socket on the screen. The cable may also have a sticky side that holds it to the screen where it runs from the hinge to the plug. Watch out for the webcam cable sometimes it is a separate cable and sometimes it runs off of the video cable.

A Google search this search: CLAA156WA11A ebay/uk turned up UK sellers.
A Google search using CLAA156WA11A UK turned up sellers at Amazon.co.uk

As you can see prices are all over with shipping added.
Read carefully before buying.

I would also look and see if you have any computer repair shops locally that might sell one to you.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 02 August 2012 - 10:52 AM.

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#6 BarryO

BarryO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

Thanks rotor123 I finally managed to unplug the connector. I've ordered the screen from Amazon. Fingers crossed all will be well

#7 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

Did the pictures help? Just curious.

Good Luck

Roger

167 @ June 2015

#8 BarryO

BarryO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

Not really Roger but hanks anyway

#9 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words and sometimes a picture is just a picture.

Roger

167 @ June 2015

#10 Firefoxthebomb

Firefoxthebomb

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

Glad you got it all sorted out, hope the new screen works wonders for you.

firefoxsig-resized.jpg.b57936275b99d45f7

Dell Precision T7810, Win10 64bit fully updated, Symantec Endpoint Protection,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5-2620v4 CPUs, Dual 8 Core Processors, 32GB Ram,
E5-2620v4 @ 2.10GHz X 2, AMD FirePro W4100 with 4 Screens, 500GB SSD Boot Drive,
Raid-1 Dual 2TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives, DVD Burner, IE11, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users