Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

It Is Still Not Working!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Julian Ginzo

Julian Ginzo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:01 PM

Dear All,

I got yesterday a fruit salad of virus in my computer (SpyFalcon, AdService Scanner, Win32.Trojan.Downloader, Trojan.Popuper, etc). I run Spyware Doctor, Spybot Search & Destroy, Lavasoft Ad-Adware, Norton Antivirus and it seems I could remove them, also following some instructions from this website.

The main problem now is that I do not have access to the internet if it is not through 'Save Mode with Networking'. I downloaded a new Internet Explorer (Beta 7) but I cannot connect either.

Would you please tell me if I need to download/delete something specific to run the internet connection? I really need the computer for work.

Thank you so much for all the effort you make to help me.

Best regards,

Julian.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:24 AM

If you can't access the Internet download the following tools onto a friends PC and put them onto a USB flash drive/CD-rom etc... and then run them on your own PC. If you run Hijackthis save the log and post it on a different PC with internet access. The tools listed below may get your internet connection back, but you could need expert help so please post a hijack this log and someone will assist you.

If you think you are infected submit a hijackthis log to the HJT Forum.

How to submit a hijackthis log

Download Hijackthis

Try running the following from safe mode (Getting to safe-mode) Sysclean you'll also need the virus template file from here lpt***.zip remember to extract the contents of the zip file into the same folder as Sysclean.com

or

DrWeb CureIT

or

KASFX which is powered by the Kaspersky AV engine, you will need internet access to update it. If you haven't got net access in safe mode, update it before you use it.

If your good with the command line also try Sophos Command Line scanner this command will scan all of your hdd's SAV32CLI.EXE -F -di -remove -dn -mbr -all -zip -p=avscanlog.txt and give you a log file to review afterwards.

Also try installing and running A2 Free and Ewido (Ewido Updates) again run from safe mode.

I'd also run Spybot(Spybot Tutorial) and Adaware

If your using Win2K/XP run adaware/spybot from "safe mode with command prompt" If your using Win9x just run it from safe mode the command line options aren't needed..

At the C:\ prompt type the following:-

cd\
C:\progra~1\spybot~1\spybotsd.exe /autocheck /autofix
cd\
C:\progra~1\lavasoft\ad-awa~1\ad-aware.exe

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:58 AM

I would certainly uninstall IE7 BETA; this was published for public testing and appears to be somewhat buggy. Never rely on Beta applications for essential tasks.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Julian Ginzo

Julian Ginzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:44 PM

Guys,

I followed all the processes you asked me, downloaded all the applications, run them in 'safe mode with prompt', etc, etc, etc. There is no infection now according to Spybot, but the connection is not working, except through 'safe mode with networking'.

I tried to download a Internet Explorer but couldn't find it on Microsoft (just a CD that they sell), that is why I thought that by downloading the Beta version 7 would probably repair the problem, but it did not.

Is there something else I can do?

Thank you for everything.

Julian.

(Moderator edit: merged new topic as a reply to original post. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 08 March 2006 - 12:49 PM.

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:12 PM

Do you have a firewall installed? Have you checked the security settings in IE? Make sure the security has not been increase to a point where you are blocked.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#6 Julian Ginzo

Julian Ginzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:15 PM

I have already checked this out, at this point of the problem this would be quite basic.

#7 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:31 PM

IE 6 download
Posted Image

#8 Julian Ginzo

Julian Ginzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:44 AM

This is the upgrade of the program, I need the whole pack.

#9 Roniez

Roniez

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:14 AM

This is the upgrade of the program, I need the whole pack.

You just need to uninstall IE7 to get or old back.
its well known fact.
also try and run smitfraudfix.cmd

google smitfraudfix and read the instructions.

Edited by Saitzu, 04 July 2006 - 06:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users