I'm having this bad problem again('bout 1 yr ago)
Like before, symptoms are same.
it just....I can't hear sound suddenly.
I just turned on my computer and i was doing my paper homework(i wasn't using computer back then)
And when i checked my computer again, i see volume icon w/ red x mark.
Eh...I don't like this.
I solved this problem by rapidly connecting and disconnecting ear phone.
Well...it doesn't work now.
What i did
1. rapid connection/disconnection
2. reboot several time
3. enable and disable speaker
4. add leagacy hardware from device manager
5. try reinstalling driver provided by toshiba
My computer is laptop.
Laptop made by toshiba and model number is L505-S6496
1. I can't contact toshiba since my warranty expired and i'm outside of U.S.
2. Can't use system restore because i turned that off.
3. Check attachment for more information
Oh...And i can't see sound, video and game controller section in device manger
Edited by hamluis, 24 July 2012 - 10:01 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.