Optical drives do not require 3rd party drivers. Without knowing what specific damage the malware caused, here are some things to try:
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
2. Delete Upper & Lower Filters http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip
to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg
, click Merge
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager
, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.