Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TrojanDownloader:Win32/Adload.DA

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Kiry

Kiry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hello Kiry,

So Windows Explorer hasn't crashed since the 25th? That's good news!

There might be one way we can verify if the ESET scan found the problem. If you go back into Action Center and to the message that you took a screen shot of, can you you click on Additional Details at the bottom? What I'm looking for is a filename that can tell us what was being labeled as Win32/Adload.DA.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Kiry

Kiry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

So Windows Explorer hasn't crashed since the 25th? That's good news!

Yup yup!!! Super good news!! :thumbsup: And all Thanks to You, Swagger!!!!! :hug:

Did you make these changes to your HOSTS file? I've seen instances of this when a pirated copy of Adobe software is being used. If this is the case, I urge you to reframe from using illegal copies of software because they can contain malware including rootkits that can go undetected. If that is not the case, this also could be related to Adobe's software changing the HOSTS file entries if your software license has expired.

Well, Sometime ago I downloaded a trial for Adobe Master Collection CS5 so I could use Photoshop. The only thing that works is Photoshop, other programs expired. And Yeah I know it's bad to use it that way :(

#18 swagger

swagger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hello Kiry,

No problem but the tools are what helped you, I just pointed you in the right direction. Let's monitor the situation over the next couple of days and see what happens.

There are still a couple of housekeeping items that we can take care of in the meantime. Please read and follow the instructions below:

::Update Java::

Your computer has some older versions of Java still installed. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system.

::Update Flash Player::

Your Flash Player is also out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system.

• Click on the Start Orb (formerly the Start Menu) and type appwiz.cpl in the Search box followed by pressing the ENTER key.
  • Find and select the items mentioned below and click the Uninstall button.
Please remove the following programs:
  • Adobe Flash Player ( 10.1.53.64)
  • Java 6 update 20
  • Java 6 update 23
Java 7 update 5 is the latest update so you may leave it installed.

• Download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player
  • Uncheck any optional download like Free Google Toolbar or Free McAfeeŽ Security Scan Plus.
  • Click the Download now button
  • Double-click install_flashplayer.exe to run it.
  • Click RUN and/or Yes buttons to any security prompts that may appear.
  • Leave the Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended) box selected and click the Next button.

regards,

swagger

#19 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hello, I woud like to ask if you are a big user of multiple Adobe applications?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#20 swagger

swagger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:19 AM

Hello Kiry

It's been 3 days since we've heard from you. How are things running?

regards,

swagger

#21 Kiry

Kiry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

Hello, I woud like to ask if you are a big user of multiple Adobe applications?

hi! I just use adobe reader and photoshop

#22 Kiry

Kiry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hello Kiry

It's been 3 days since we've heard from you. How are things running?

regards,

swagger

hello swagger! Everything is going great!!! I'm very happy! Thanks again :lol:

#23 swagger

swagger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

Hello Kiry,

Glad to hear that. I'll consider this case closed then. If you need anything going forward, please open a new topic. Good luck to you and stay safe!

regards,

swagger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users