Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming quality much reduced after re-installing graphic card driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mai_hnf

mai_hnf

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hello.
So i downloaded a software called DriverMax that could check any pc of all latest driver update. it told me that an update is available for my Nvidia card. i updated it manually through windows (Control panel>device manager>update driver).
However, after updating, i can no longer go to Nvidia control panel setting (usually available on system tray). An error windows popped up. Saying something like 'the card is not connected to this device' sorta. So uninstalled driver and went to DELL support website to check the compatible driver version for my laptop model.
Driver RE-installed successfully BUT i found my gaming experience is greatly worsen. Loading taking much longer than i should (up to 3 times longer) and frequent lag spikes (normal 50-55 fps falls to below 10). The lag is not all the time but much more frequent.
Im so confused. I believe i got the original version of driver re-installed. But why this **** turn up? now i regretted downloading Driver Max in the first place. The game i referred to is specifically Warcraft 3. I tried Starcraft 2 and the result is much worse (as expected).
Please help. These are my system info:

System Vendor
Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Serial Number DZKGQP1
Model Inspiron N5110

BIOS Information
Vendor Dell Inc.
Version A02
Board Product ID 0HVRTT

Processor Information
Summary 1 Physical Processors / 4 Cores / 8 Logical Processors / 64 bits
Name Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
Vendor GenuineIntel
Original System Clock 100 MHz

Storage Device Information
Disk 0 500.1 GB SAMSUNG HM500JJ Samsung
DVD Writer 0 HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT32N (HL-DT-STDVD+/-RW GT32N) LG Electronics

Memory Information
Slot 1 DDR3 (PC3-10700) 4096 MBytes Kingston
Slot 2 DDR3 (PC3-10700) 4096 MBytes Hyundai Electronics

Display Adapter Information
NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1024 MBytes
Intel® HD Graphics Family 1024 MBytes

Sound Adapter Information
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC IDT

Network Adapter Information
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller WIRED Disconnected [1000 Kbps]
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 WIRELESS LAN Connected [54 Mbps]
Sony Ericsson Device 0017 USB Ethernet Emulation (NDIS 5) Connected

Operating System
Type Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Service Pack 1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The_Outkast

The_Outkast

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

What version of the driver do you have installed currently?
Did you try to uninstall the old driver before you installed the latest version?
The latest driver for that card can be found here.
The other option would be to do a system restore to a point in time before you did the first update.

#3 Firefoxthebomb

Firefoxthebomb

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

You should try using the latest driver from Nvidia as stated above by The_Outkast

Sometime those drivers will not run just right and you have to use the drive from the manufacture. You can download the drive from dell from => HERE

firefoxsig-resized.jpg.b57936275b99d45f7

Dell Precision T7810, Win10 64bit fully updated, Symantec Endpoint Protection,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5-2620v4 CPUs, Dual 8 Core Processors, 32GB Ram,
E5-2620v4 @ 2.10GHz X 2, AMD FirePro W4100 with 4 Screens, 500GB SSD Boot Drive,
Raid-1 Dual 2TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives, DVD Burner, IE11, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#4 deb001

deb001

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hi,
My name is Debbie.

I would suggest you to first uninstall the Video driver and then after that install the Latest Video driver from this website mentioned: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/42588

Please reply in case you have any questions.

Edit: Changed bit.ly link to actual URL to remove perception of link obfuscation and increase link transparency. ~ Queen-Evie

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 August 2012 - 08:51 PM.
Removed spammy content. ~ OB

Thanks & Regards
Debbie_B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users