Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

baffling laptop ps/2 keyboard problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dudnaito

dudnaito

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

I have a HP DV7T-4100 laptop with a windows 7 64-bit OS.

I did already have a working keyboard, but 2 buttons were missing, so i just replaced it with a new keyboard of the same make and model compatibility. I installed it with the ZIF socket, and it doesn't work at all. My Windows 7 device manager however recognizes it and drivers and such all seem to be in good order. Not sure if this is relevant, but the I/O range is 0060-0060 and 0064-0064. IRQ is 0x00000001 (01), and there appears to be no conflicts.

I installed my old keyboard back to see if it works, and it works perfectly fine. I've switched back and forth trying different things for the past 3 hours, and i'm all out of ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you think it's a simple case of a defective replacement keyboard?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users