Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My internet has gone HAYWIRE!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NYKNICKS7

NYKNICKS7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Ok, last week sometime My internet on my laptop went out. The night before my internet was working perfectly no problems at all. But the next morning there was a little thunderstorm with heavy rain ( don''t know if this had anything to do with the problem or maybe just a coincidence for my bad luck ) I tried to connect but it did not work at all. Ever since then I have been scrounging the internet and forums for solutions, to no avail. I have seen many similar problems to mine on this forum that has been solved and I'm praying to God that you good people will be able to help me. I have power-cycled and reset my router and modem to factory settings, I had to re-do all the settings and configuration (this has worked before) but this time it has not worked,sometimes it will say internet access then it will go right back to no internet access. I have completely unplugged my linksys router from my modem and powered it off, hoping that I could atleast use my Broadband wireless internet (Uverse) but that has not worked either. A System Restore has been done in order to ensure that no updates have reconfigured anything, I have disabled my Ad-Ware Anit-Virus/ Firewall, the only thing running is windows firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials. And I don't think that it has any effect on what is going on. I downloaded something called FARBAR (FSS.exe) advised on another forum that you can find any underlying problems through the scan. I will provide it if anyone asks for it. I just really need ANY help or assistance any one can give me please, AT&T is no help at all, and I can connect to other wireless networks just fine and browse the internet so its not my Wireless Adapter, again any help would be really helpful. Also, I ran the AT&T diagnostics on the Broadband Modem's Access Page and I passed everything except the Ip test, which in detail stated that it failed to ping default gateway. I am using a Motorola NVG510 Broadband Modem powered by AT&T U-verse.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Is all of this taking place while using a wireless connection?

What happens when you connect your computer directly to the modem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users