Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD after restarting following a malwarebytes scan and BSOD after running windows xp repair

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ug5912

ug5912

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Hi everyone,

After restarting the computer following a malwarebytes scan, I could not get into window, nor safe mode and system restore by pressing F8 at start up. What I only had after running a little while is BSOD. Btw, I ran diagnostic test a few times. All passed.

After this happened and I did some searching online, I decided to run a windows xp repair by using the original OEM window xp installation CD (sp2) when the system inside the computer is sp3 after I updated it long ago.

I followed the processes suggested by the following webpage.
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxphome/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

It was all fine until Part 4 in that webpage. A BSOD popped out after the windows symbol in Part 3.
And I noticed some new sentences at the bottom of the BSOD which are like ‘physical memory dump’.

Hopefully, solutions for all of this would be recommended by someone. I don’t even really dare to switch the computer back on now!

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong section of the forum. If I have done it, please move this post to the right section. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Generally...OEM disks do not allow for a "repair install", only a reversion to factory defaults which the system had when purchased.

All documentation (which I've seen) referring to a repair install of XP...assume that the user has a copy of MS Genuine Windows, not disks provided by an OEM.

Louis

#3 Firefoxthebomb

Firefoxthebomb

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hello and :welcome:

You have also started a topic at the Malwarebytes forum located => HERE.

I think it would be a good idea to either continue the help here or over at the Malwarebytes forum. Seeking help for the same issue in two different forums not only takes up resources from the helpers but it could make it harder for the helpers because the helpers have no way of know what you have tired or which instruction's you have followed.

I say pick a place and continue in only one of the two places.

firefoxsig-resized.jpg.b57936275b99d45f7

Dell Precision T7810, Win10 64bit fully updated, Symantec Endpoint Protection,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5-2620v4 CPUs, Dual 8 Core Processors, 32GB Ram,
E5-2620v4 @ 2.10GHz X 2, AMD FirePro W4100 with 4 Screens, 500GB SSD Boot Drive,
Raid-1 Dual 2TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives, DVD Burner, IE11, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

Please do the following:

Get a look at the error message presented by the BSOD (blue screen of death) ....
  • Start tapping the F8 key after you press the ON button, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" screen.

Posted Image
  • Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press the <ENTER> key.
  • Your system will attempt to restart normally, but when it crashes, it will not re-start: Instead, you will see a BSOD with error message.

Posted Image
  • Record the error message details (contained in the areas outlined in red, in the above example image), and post in your reply.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#5 ug5912

ug5912
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:50 AM

The stop code is: 0X0000007F (0X00000008, 0X80042000, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
Some sentences are at the bottom of the BSOD which are like ‘physical memory dump’.

#6 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

STOP 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Please do the following:
  • Start tapping the F8 key after you press the ON button, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" screen.
  • Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Last Known Good Configuration that worked ..." and press the <ENTER> key.
  • Your system will attempt to start.
What happens?

If not successful, please repeat several times.

Edited by AustrAlien, 28 July 2012 - 02:08 AM.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users