Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purple monitor with coloured stripes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ltix86

ltix86

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

Hy to everyone.
This morning, when i turned on my laptop HP Pavilion computer, the monitor was purple and after some time some coloured (green and light blue) stripes started to appear. The computer works normally, but obviously i cant see the colours well.
My video board is a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650. Could it be a driver problem or a video board problem. My office is pretty humid but i don't think this could be the problem.
Thanks for any reply!
cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 _deepa

_deepa

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

Hi,

My name is Deepa. You can refer to this link for any kind of troubleshooting help and drivers installation:-

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

You can also try to connect an external monitor to isolate the issue and check if it is working fine with that or not. Please do a BIOS update as well and then video drivers need to be updated. As far as my knowledge, humidity is not a concern, but even though I would suggest you to clean the screen with a clean dry cloth.

For further help please reply.

Thanks and Regards

*moderator edit: removed shortened link and replaced it with full link - Queen-Evie*

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 August 2012 - 07:50 PM.
Removed spammy content. ~ OB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users