Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! I think i have a virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dylanesque22000

dylanesque22000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

Hi, my browser quit a few days ago and wouldn't re-open. I also could not open McAfee to perform a scan nor could I run Malware bytes. I did a system restore which allowed me to open a web browser again in normal mode but I still can't run any malware scans or connect to any websites like Bleeping computer or Mcafee unless I am in safe mode.I have run numerous malware programs in safe mode and have found some infected files and deleted them but the main problem is still there. I have run Chameleon which allowed me to scan with Malwarebytes in normal mode but it didn't find anything. What do I do?
It's Windows 7 Home Premium. 64-bit.
Thanks

Edited by dylanesque22000, 22 July 2012 - 03:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 elegant90

elegant90

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

maybe the virus is gone but the damage on your browser still there, uninstall your browser, then download a new copy and install it

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

I suggest that you wait for someone who can tell if the system is infected and if it is will help get rid of it. The people in the quote below are all trusted staff members of the forum.

Am I Infected? What do I do? How do I get help? Who is helping me?

As this is an open area, available for any member to post in, please use caution when following the advice given. Instructions from the following member groups is to be considered trusted:
Admin | Site Admin | Global Moderator | Moderator | Malware Study Hall Admin | Malware Response Instructor | Malware Response Team | BC Advisor

Other trusted helpers include Malware Study Hall Junior and Malware Study Hall Senior with "Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!" in their signature.

There are regular members who help in AII, Many of which are skilled and if the you want to know if they are qualified you may contact a moderator and ask about a non-staff member. Or just look at their posts and if they are active in the Am I infected section they should be good.
If you want to PM a online Moderator you can see who is online currently at the bottom of this page Right Here

I hope this helps
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 22 July 2012 - 09:25 AM.
Grammar and spelling

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 dylanesque22000

dylanesque22000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Ok thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic